Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Yesterday I (Cindy) had my Thanksgiving day festivities in part with Kindergarten. Here are a few pictures....
....The first is of the entire group. We started in the morning cutting up apples (all 40 kids) with plastic knives. They did a FANTASTIC job! Then we did our own thing as seperate classes and came together again near the end of the day. We had decided that Kinder would be Indians and that P-4 would be the Pilgrims. So we wanted a group shot of our little Indians and Pilgrims coming together in peace...well mostly...they ARE 5 and 6 year olds so there can never be total peace. Grin. The second picture is at the end of the apple cobbler making time. I had a "cooking class" to make the crumb part of the cobbler. They had fun (I hope.) I did even if they didn't. At the end of the day we ate the apple cobbler, then we went into the Kindergarten room to read The Very Hungry Catipillar. This is a picture from Katy Mejia's (the kinder teacher) point of view as she read the book. We had a great time and they did a great job throughout the day, but MAN and I glad it is over. 40 small children in one room with knives (even if they are plastic) is reather stress inducing. Emily is having her feista on Friday I will make sure we get some pictures of her class on here as well. (Even if mine are cuter!)
I promise we will post a blog soon about our trip to Paracas. We need to upload the pictures onto the computer first.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Cindy and Emily Leinbach







3 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

Your students are indeed cute. I would not have thought about you having the Indians and Pilgrims there, and apples,and all that. Peru seems so far away.

Somehow you with a group of high energy young 'uns seems right.

Pat

Wani said...

Nice to see you with your cute class. My kids are cute though. ;-P
MISS YOU!

Candice Haase said...

I am so gald you had a good Thanksgiving wtih your class. I Hope your Christmas play went well and that you have a Merry Christmas together.