Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lima, Peru

Hello all!

After all the stress packing and constant moving, I woke up in Lima, Peru this morning.

Travel went very well there was no problem in customs or finding Ivan and Kristie (Our new boss and his wife) who came to pick us up at the airport. Let me tell you that was the weirdest thing about the trip. The airport up to that point was any normal airport, get off go through immigration get your baggage and go to customs then...you turn the corner and BAM! There is this MASS of people many holding signs. It was weird. Anyway Ivan and Kristie got us to the van and to our new apartment.

The apartment is great, very very great! It is much better than many of the apartments we were looking at in Chicago. Lots of windows (Mom how I long for my plants so much great light for them here) and we both have amazing views from our windows. (Which will be posted on the blog a bit later.) Now all we have to do is unpack and learn spanish and we are good to go! :)

Thank you all for the massive amounts of prayer I know have been said on our behalf. God has answered them and I know He will continue to do so.

More later.

Cindy

No comments: