Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Daddy

Today is Saturday. (Seven days and counting...)

Yesterday was Friday, and my last day at RELC. I was sad and happy to be leaving. The job was mind numbing but the people were great and I will miss them greatly. I will also miss the children as well. That said, MAN AM I GLAD TO BE DONE! Now I can focus on what lies ahead.

Today that is massive amounts of sorting, rearranging and culling. Now I know that so far this has nothing to do with our father. I am getting to that.

Dad come up last night to switch cars with us. Our car need a little work done before we can sell it to a guy in our church. So dad offered to drive the van up and take the car back with him so that saves us A LOT of time. He also is giving us a large part of his day today helping us. Mom would have loved to come too but seeing as how she is recovering from knee replacement surgery that isn't happening! Dad has been wonderful! He is giving us support, encouragement and hope. He is also giving us manual labor! Mom told us yesterday that he was coming to do whatever we told him to do. My first thought was "Great! I need a hug!" I got my hug. :)

Last night after we talked to mom and she told us when Dad had left and when we could expect him, Emily and I were talking. I told her I have come to the realization that no matter how old you get your daddy is still the rock when life gets chaotic. You never out grow your Daddy. Emily smiled and agreed. I can't imagine not having a good relationship with my Papa, and I hurt for those who don't have a daddy to come back too in hard times. I thank God for both my parents, I could not have done much without their support. We love you both. (And yes mom I know you are crying right now...even without the medications messing with your system I think you may have cried!) :)

I guess I will now go back to culling, and moving crap! Wish me luck!

~Cindy

No comments: